All About Maggie

Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Mystery of Ikea...REVEALED

Last weekend Alfredo and I went to IKEA. We had a list of things we wanted for our new place and thought this would be a good place to start. I realized that much of the furniture required assembly, but was of a good quality for a good price. The furniture that you can get there is nicer than what you would find at Target, but much cheaper which is always a bonus. Last night my dad and brother came over to put together the things we bought...no small feat since we went a little crazy shopping - 4 stools, table for the balcony, shelving unit for living room, nightstand-ish thing, table, desk, chair, lamp, file holder thing and I think that's it. We quickly discovered why IKEA can charge less....they save money on printing costs - THERE ARE NO WORDS ON THE ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS!!! We had to put things together (yes, I helped) based on the pictures alone. I learned that you should turn the page before completing the task because even though it shows screwing in the nuts/bolts....you can't do the next stuff if you have already done that. I haven't heard the f-bomb dropped that many times in one night in quite some time. Near the end of the adventure my dad looked at me and said, "When you and your lawyer boyfriend get married and get rich, please promise you won't buy any furniture that requires assembly!" I promised!!! :)

1 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Craig said...

Just be thankfull for your Father. Just imagine how it would have gone with just Alfredo and yourself...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home