All About Maggie

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Well on my way

One of my goals for the summer was to complete a half-marathon. My deadline is quickly approaching - the half-marathon is on Sunday, September 3. I've been following my training plan - sort of. Bad weather and being on vacation have hurt my long runs. Last week's long run was a 9 miler. Sunday is my long run day and it was raining all morning, so I tried to go at night. After about 2 miles I learned why I usually do my runs before eating a full day's worth of food. I got nauseous, dizzy and had to walk home - WALK, couldn't even fun the 2 miles back home.

Last night I went out again, determined to finish the run. Armed with a bottle full of gatorade to avoid dehydration I headed out. Nine miles and less than 90 minutes later, I was home! I did it! I could have probably even gone further. It was awesome. I was so excited to hit the turnaround point, I jumped up and hit the stop sign! When I got home, my legs quickly revolted and I had about an hour to shower, eat and clean up before I pretty much lost the ability to walk! :) Luckily today they feel fine and I know I am well on my way to being able to cross that finish line after 13.2 miles. YAY Me!

1 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Mama Duck said...

Woohoo, congrats!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home