All About Maggie

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

New Levels of Boredom

I knew this last week was going to be a struggle. I don't want to be here....my supervisor doesn't really need me to be here and his manager doesn't want me to be here. Luckily, my supervisor has found some tasks for me to do. Generally really boring things like typing numbers into a spreadsheet (instead of giving me the original document to cut and paste), etc. Even though it was tedious and stupid, it passed the time. Well, today, time has stopped. A pointless task occupied me from 8-11:30 and now I am sitting. I've read the news, I've read blogs, I've balanced my checkbook, I've made appointments for next week, I've done Alfredo's requests...and I've got absolutely nothing left. For about 5 minutes I was just staring. Looking at a clear spot on my desk...almost as if I was willing some work to show up. Luckily I have a dentist appointment so I will be leaving in less than two hours, but using the words dentist and lucky in the same sentence should illustrate just how bored I am.

A friend that I have here knows how bored I am. She helps me out when she can and this morning that meant walking to the cafeteria together. THAT is how bored I am. Hopefully she will take another walk this afternoon because I'm fresh out of ANYTHING to do. Two more days of this?!?!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home