All About Maggie

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Tough Day for Extended Family

In a matter of one hour I received two calls from my mom. Getting a call from my mom while she is at work doesn't happen often, so when it does I know I better answer my phone. The first call was to tell me that while my uncle was working on his construction site he shot himself in the knee with something and had to be rushed in to surgery. Broken patella, out of work for 12 weeks and they aren't sure how he will recover...if he will have normal walking function again. This is devastating to his family as he just quit teaching in May to pursue his dream of owning his own construction company. The company was created and this is his 4th or 5th house, but he's a one man team for the majority of the work. Lots of prayers to him for a quick and full recovery.

The second call was to inform me that my uncle's mother-in-law died in her sleep. This was expected as she has been very sick for quite some time, but still not easy for her family. May she rest in peace.

Hopefully there will be no more calls of this kind today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home