All About Maggie

Sunday, September 03, 2006

I DID IT!!!

My last major goal for the summer was to finish a half-marathon. I want to complete five events total for the summer so I still have one more thing to go, but today was the summer's major goal. 13.1 miles and I FINISHED!!! I didn't walk and I even did it in a good time. I was hoping to average no more than 10 minutes miles and I finished in 2 hours 1 minutes. My legs hurt like nothing I've ever experienced before, but seeing that sign that said mile 13 and then Alfredo waiting with the camera...it was AWESOME!!! I'm probably going to be sore for a few days, but it was totally worth it. I'm so happy I achieved this and even did it in less time than I hoped. Hopefully some day he'll be running with me...but until then, having a cheerleader is wonderful as well!




1 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Cat said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home