All About Maggie

Monday, November 13, 2006

Making a Change

It's time for me to make some changes in my life. I was reminded on three different occasions this weekend that I need to be more positive and less uptight/more relaxed. The first was an intentional reminder from the person who bears the most as a result of my negativity, the second reminder was by watching someone I don't want to end up like and the third was when I snapped at a health club front desk person because of something stupid someone else did, but no one would take responsibility for.

I need to start looking at the glass as half full, not half empty. Lots of things have been irritating me lately with work, family, etc and I need to start controlling how I react much better. A friend of mine last week told me that she can control two things related to her job...one was the quality of her work and the other was her attitude. My first thought was that I can't control my attitude, it just happens, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized just how important learning to control my attitude is. Especially the little things in life.

I'm in good health and have a wonderful boyfriend and fabulous friends. I'm actively searching out career paths that may lead to more happiness. I am more aware of how my actions affect other people. Even if it's only been a very short time that I've been doing this, it's a good start. Hopefully this change in attitude/hope sticks for a very very long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home