All About Maggie

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Office Politics

I'm not one for hiding how I feel and sucking up to people. I typically say how I feel. Because of that I'm not a big fan of office politics. Face time...ass kissing...not my deal. In the department I work on, we are at the bottom of the food chain because we aren't visibly contributing to the bottom line. We don't make or sell anything in the finance department. As a result, other departments walk all over us. And unless you can get the VP or SVP on your side on an issue, you are screwed. Because of one situation in particular, I am being forced to spend about 4-6 hours fixing something another department screwed up. We tell them not to do something, they do it anyway, there are no consequences. This is the second time it has happened in the last two weeks. No one is going to do anything about it and the situation will never improve since we won't stand up to them.

I have remained much more calm about the issue than I did last time, which is keeping me in line with my goal to be more relaxed, more positive, but it's still irritating beyond belief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home